Friday, February 27, 2009

God called the light "Day"...and there was morning-the first day

Genesis 1:3-5 "And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light "day" and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning-the first day."
As I looked for a verse to encourage me and meet my heart, I was directed to Genesis 1. How appropriate that as we begin our "new beginning" I am led to the beginning of God's creation. I am reminded that each day begins anew. Tuesday was one of the lowest days of my life, Wednesday my daughter had a breakdown of gargantuan proportion...Thursday we attended our first gymnastics class for Grace (it was great and watching her explore and twirl and jump made me smile and remember why I love these troublesome children so dearly.) Today, we went to the library for story time and the loud storytelling and 30ish other children were too much for little Grace's sensibilities. Over stimulation and control have been issues we're dealing with as she seems to feel free to express her anxiousness about all these changes. After school today we loaded up our bicycles to try out the local bike trail. As I was huffing and puffing (a play on the 3 Pigs story we heard today at the library!) on the trail, I commented that it felt like we were always going uphill. I speculated that it has been entirely too long between working out, but when we turned around to head back, I realized that indeed we were flying downhill the entire way back! Another metaphor for my life. I commented that I wished it was a better combination of up and downs, rather than all up one-way and down-the-other. Surely that would be easier in life if we could ride the good times wave up the cliffs, but that isn't the way it goes for most of us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Scott Fsmily,
Thank you sooooo much for sharing your true, raw, and extremely human emotions with us! We miss you guys terribly, and I am really surprised at how much I took comfort in knowing that you all weren't just great, reliable neighbors, but real friends as well. Missing you will come in waves, as it has been, particulalry this summer when Ava will attempt to understand that little Gracie won't be trekking down the street in whatever she chose to throw on with her beloved flip-flops, or when I can't call you at 3:15 saying I just didn't make it home on time and could my son please join your tribe...Aagh, I feel like the cold and horrific winter took away from us saying proper goodbyes, and to be honest, I think we truly didn't grasp your situation and how quickly we would lose you....hindsight is 20/20 right?! Please know our thoughts and prayers will be centered on you ten-fold, and that God gives you anwers and blessings that you so need and deserve!! The human side of us is unwilling to hand everything over to God and just trust Him with our lives....so, we will pray, pray, pray for each one of you!!! I can only hope our new neighbors will be as gracious, thoughtful, and fun-spirited as you....and hey, if they ever need a can of Campbell's Cream of Chicken soup, I'll have it thanks to you leaving one behind! We miss you guys, take care!! Thanks again for opening your thought to touch and awaken those around you!
Love, Sara & Family