Monday, January 12, 2009

She's standing?!

Here is another picture of little Mei Mei, from our China team leader, Steve, when he returned to PHF in November 08' with another team to serve. I couldn't believe she was standing up on her own! When we were there, she was too weak and her tiny legs wouldn't hold her. I thought she was standing in the bottom picture I got from a few days ago, but you can't see her legs, so she could have been on her scooter?! Ironically, I got a response, one of many people, I sent requests to back in September to try to find Mei Mei help. Here is his response: "Dear Gretchen,
Sorry for the long delay in my response to your email. We can suggest that you contact one of our partner sites in China, Shanghai Children’s Medical Center, which is an excellent institution with great reputation. I am also attaching a list of organizations that we have researched and you might like to contact for assistance as well. We hope you find this information valuable and can find help for your daughter’s heart condition." Did you notice where he wrote YOUR DAUGHTER? I clearly wrote that she was an orphan in China...prophetic? Maybe?! He also gathered a list of organizations that may be able to assist...what a blessing that he took the time!

2 comments:

ArtworkByRuth said...

What a blessing and encouragement! Praying that God continues to make her stronger so you can bring her home!

Mom Of Many said...

She is absolutely adorable - I pray that Almighty God will open the doors wide so you can bring her home....After all - He is the Mircle-Working, Mountain-Moving, Awe-Inspiring, Gasp-Giving God!!
Yippee Jesus!