Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Does God use TV?
As our circumstances remain uncertain, the thoughts of Mei Mei whirling through my mind...I find myself wondering: Does God use TV to speak to us? I have found a great show, one which you may be familiar with, "Jon & Kate plus 8." I am consumed with their lives and quickly became addicted to watching the events and daily happenings of this family of twin girls and sextuplets. I identify with Kate because she is an organized and yet loving Mom. Unfortunately, or fortunately, my insecurities of doing and not just being are subsiding, so things are much less "perfect" in my home as I get older and beyond some of my issues. Anyway, this family is all about the kids. With 8 children, there needs come above everything else and it has been theraputic for me to watch as Jon & Kate move through life with their entire focus and purpose on their children. As I ponder, can I take on another child? with special needs? adoption issues? I see that if they can handle 8, I can see myself making it through 4!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment