So, with Christmas approaching, and knowing that we didn't have much money, I came up with the idea (with my friend, Angie's help) of making P.J's this year instead of buying them, for their Christmas Eve ?mystery? gift. This has become a tradition over the past years, that I love, although the boys have figured it out, but Grace was still surprised! So, Angie and I had a sewing day, with 4 kids under 4 under foot and although we did acommplish a lot, I had a lot to do still, since I was making 5 pairs of pajamas, 3 for our kids and 2 for our neice and nephew. I had to do this all without my kids noticing that I was making them for them. Some details that you have to consider while sewing pj bottoms is that even if the cuff is straight, if the two legs aren't the same length, you must do it over! Who Knew? Hopefully they fit Avery & Charlie, I only had to let out Jonah's crotch and add about 4 inces to the length after I saw how short they were on him! All this to say, I am buying the jammies next year! They have cute ones everywhere, and even though it was cool that they all were the same material, it was SO MUCH WORK! Here are the Christmas Eve pictures of my beautiful kiddos and my amazing sewing. LOL I know just enough to be dangerous, as they say!
No comments:
Post a Comment