Monday, March 25, 2013
Wisdom revealed...or Arrogance Defined?
Our family has been watching, "The Bible," produced by Mark Burnett & Roma Downey, on the History channel. I am usually not a fan of productions that claim to be biblically/historically accurate. They make me nervous. However, a recommendation from our Pastor, bent me enough to feign interest. The kids (boys, Grace goes to bed too early) were excited for it's unraveling and it has become something we look forward to on Sunday nights together. I admit I follow-along in my bible, reading aloud the details omitted and partially to make sure of its authenticity. We have learned and gathered great information! In the most recent episode, the Story of Jesus was shown and I was caught off guard by my skepticism. Putting myself into the shoes of those who actually experienced Jesus in the flesh, I now have a better understanding for their pause in accepting Him. As I've lived life, I've been tricked, duped, and flat-out lied-to by people. I enter new beliefs with careful data collection and consideration. This can be wisdom revealed, or arrogance defined?! I'm not sure which. The church we now attend, (for about a year and 1/2) seems to hit GRACE hard. Watching Jesus, instead of reading it, gave me a new perspective of His Grace upon sinners. I am challenged to open up even more to GRACE. Judgement is not mine. (Our Pastor in CA once said, "but I'm so good at judgement, it's one of my gifts"...) That was a joke! Sadly, we could all state that jokingly and it still remains truth. LORD, if my skepticism is keeping from Your Truth, please reveal it to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So glad you are back to blogging! We've not seen the series as we don't even have basic cable but hear it is good. The good news is Christ created us all with unique personalities as well as gifts that he uses. I think we are used best when our weaknesses get the best of us and HIS grace has to flow through us. Then others know it's gotta be GOD :). Love you guys!
Post a Comment