Today is day 5 with Brian in Spokane & me, well, here! Only 11 more to go, until he returns!! We actually talk & text so often that besides the fact that I am solely caring for 3 children, it's not been overly burdensome. My kids have eagerly pointed out that the technically savvy parent is not here, so when we have iPod, Wii & computer issues, they just know it'll have to wait. I did have a work emergency - our Photography business has a local contract and I was trying to finish processing a large batch of pictures and then upload them and I did something that screwed our picture names up. After describing the problem, knowing he wouldn't be able to problem solve without actually seeing what I'd done...he used GotomyPC.com to do a hostel-take-over of my desktop...technology is so great!
While, he was spending a lovely evening with our good friends, I was sweating and cleaning our boys bedroom. The random items I found made me question if we were harboring prisoners, or children?! There were candy, gum & food wrappers stashed everywhere, I even found a paper clip straightened, as if they were picking locks in their spare time?!
Anyway, mainly the thing on my mind is in hearing back from my Doctor with my blood test results from last week. I had been having severe joint and muscle pain, so much so, that Thursday morning I could not even change positions in bed without a carnal cry emerging. I like to think that I have a fairly high pain tolerance. I can usually muscle through most pain and often don't even acknowledge dull pain until I stop and realize I've been in pain. My 2 bio-boys, we had naturally and when I state that I'm in pain, it usually means, it really hurts!! The severity and debilitating manor of this pain caused us to make an appointment immediately to see the doctor. The doctor ran a Strep test, but it was negative, so she ordered several blood tests to rule out Rheumatoid Arthritis and Lupus, both names that left resounding and life changing fear in us. My blood test was Thursday, Brian left Monday, and I had a few okay days and a few difficult ones, but the Doctor finally called on Thursday to let me know that while the results did reveal the presence of an infection, however, it was not one of the BIG diseases! It certainly gives a new respect for those who have to deal with chronic pain. Praise God, this too shall pass and if I have to keep an Ibuprofen drip for a bit longer, I am good with it!
1 comment:
I am glad to hear that your tests came back with goodish results. At least now you should be able to get on the road to recovery.
Post a Comment