Monday, August 17, 2009

Knee deep in curriculum

Four days into home schooling and I'm starting to get familiar with the curriculum and find my way through the thick stack of readers, teacher editions and practice workbooks. I went to a training class on the language arts curriculum and found it to be a relief to see other mom's fumbling there way through, and teachers who are tremendously supportive and encouraging of a home schooling environment.
As for the emotional side of things, I am battling hope vs. despair. Brian has an interview on Wednesday morning and the actual prospect of a job causes the hope to rise. It is scary to see an end to our dependence upon family to survive and then possibly see that light slip through our hands, once again. I am wrought with emotional conflict; wanting to remain steady, not too hopeful, yet positive, faithful, but not assuming. It is so much to balance, especially upon the heavy load of kids, school, friends, my relationship with The Lord, life, taking care of myself, laundry etc...
I have been trying to find a fit for my passions, in ministry, and it so happens that Amber, a good friend of mine, needed help with the missions emphasis weeks coming up. Friday, I was able to assist in stuffing packets, hanging signs (girls don't do zip ties very well), and moral support in preparing for this big push of missions at Lakeside. It truly feels good to give of myself and time and participate in something my heart is passionate about. As Grace's "Gotcha Day" quickly approaches, we looked through her photo-book, and I think back to the amazing experience we had in getting Grace. I am so grateful to China for the gift of my daughter. I has forever changed me and left am imprint on my heart. I look forward to what the future will bring with regards to China and our family.

No comments: