Tuesday, March 17, 2009

NTKB

Good news, Joe was not abducted by aliens! Joe, being the person that hired Brian, then he didn't hear from for nearly 2 weeks. Life is a curious thing?! We assume God was saving us from a mistake of gargantuan proportion. NTKB~As I have previously, described we are on a strictly Need To Know Basis with our future, so another piece seemingly revealed, only to leave us guessing and incorrect again! The scripture that keeps being brought to my mind is in Isaiah 55: 8,11& 12 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord...my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace." This is not supposed to make sense to me! My thoughts are not His thoughts!
The biggest piece to this is that I feel like we were willing to sacrifice in order to take this job, knowing that it would require a miracle to make ends meet and we came to terms with that. When something seems to be delivered by God, and then doesn't come to fruition, I am left to wonder if it was my misunderstanding of God's will? We've encountered a recurring theme of coming to a point of surrender. Some things we felt that God has asked us to physically give up, while others, such as our Suburban, we felt led to offer it, then felt God reaffirmed our keeping it. If I start at the beginning, I've given up so much and yet, here I am, still alive to tell about it. Not always in the best mood, not leaning nearly enough on God, but still fighting. I do know that this week needs to be one of finding my strength in Him. I'm standing too firmly on my own strength. I've wrestled it back, slowly over the past weeks and before I know it, I'm back at the helm and short of breath, beat down. I humbly retreat to my Father, again! I know He'll always take me back.

No comments: