Thursday, March 5, 2009



How come I keep feeling the Lord asks me what I would want for my future, I reply, and then he cuts my want list in half and hands it to me. Deciphering receiving a portion of my requests beomes a mistery to my simple mind. Is this a spirit of being an ingrate? I am fuzzy in finding stability among all this chaos.
A recent exceerpt from a family who visited PHF and experienced what they do, and especially, our (maybe to be daughter) Mei Mei. Here were their thoughts and impressions upon meeting little Mei Mei. By Guest Author Dawn Choate (http://www.healinghannahblog.com/)
"Meeting Mei Mei at the Clinic "
"Well, today was the toughest day for me by far. Up until now, I had mostly met the children who are healing and doing fairly well. They have for the most part been happy and rambunctious.But today I met Mei-Mei. And the reality of what life is like every day here for the children and the staff of the children's home hit me hard. I visited the clinic for the first time and really reveled in the attention of the children. There were children recovering from meningitis, heart conditions, and other serious ailments, but most of them were still smiling and walking around.Then I watched as one little girl, around 4 years old, struggled to walk down the hallway to me. I was speechless when I saw her hands reach for a cracker. They were completely blue, as were her tiny lips. Her fingertips were quite swollen as well, all signs of a serious heart condition. I could not walk away from her, so I pulled her into my lap and we sat for a long time as I let her look at the preview screen on my camera and enjoy the photos there. I held the camera out and took pictures of the two of us and then let her admire them (they are in the photo album "Meeting Mei-Mei". She was just tickled to see herself again and again on the screen.I described to her what she was seeing and she absorbed every word, instantly repeating each new word she heard. Her voice was weak and raspy as she worked hard for every breath to form a word. Her hands were cold as ice but her cheeks were so warm as she snuggled up against my face. I could barely leave her as her weak and blue little hands tried to wave good-bye. This was Mei-Mei. And now I know her story. She has an inoperable heart condition and the doctors have all said there is nothing they can do.Mei-Mei is just one of millions of orphans around the world who suffer and struggle every day to survive. But Mei-Mei is not one of millions to me. She is one. And while I held her, she was the only one. "
Being a step closer to being stable enough to persue Mei Mei, having a job, but the salary is barely enough to find a tiny rental and live at an income considered below the poverty level for a family of 5. I'm not sure how this puzzle's gonna fit, or if I'm working on one and God's got the correct box lid with the directions in front of him? Please pray for our health, the Scott Immediate and Extended family are graciously sharing a nasty cold that is slowing infiltrating all our men. We think Grace has succumb and 3 1/2 and sick = lots of whinning!

No comments: