Friday, October 17, 2008

Day 2 with 6 - wait, 7!

Whew, quite a long day, day # 2 with 6 kids - and today, I add my 3 year old to ease the pain of Dad and enabling her missing out on the 9:00a.m. Flag Football game of brothers, tomorrow morning. I'd like to identify the exact age between loving the bathing, to looking at it with great disdain, to never thinking you need another one, and then back to (my favorite) just try to get them out of the shower and have any hot water left in the tank!?! I just don't get: Warm Water, Soap, Clean...what's so bad about that?
Our house went up on the market today, so we thought there was a chance it would be shown, and so begins the crazy clean-friskiness. I have no idea where we would go if it sells quickly. So, that could be a problem.
I am having difficulty processing the limited information I've gotten from Jeff & Kim. I've heard the "it's not good," but I also know of miracles and cancers that are healed without any explanation! I've had a difficult time relating this trauma to me and how to relate it my me, my family and how would I feel. The empathy part is difficult because I really have nothing to compare it to. When I talked to my friend today, I admitted that the biggest anger I might feel would be that my kids' mother would be taken away! That thought gets to the center of my heart. If it were Brian sick, I would grieve my friendship, partner, always there to talk and communicate. I mentioned prior that I am an only child and something about being alone so much of your childhood, pushes me in the direction of wanting to be around people.
Tomorrow, Ben & Angie are taking the kids & I up to Green bluff for pumpkins and adventure. They are so excited! I miss both Carters, Football Game, & Jonah's, Soccer Game tomorrow, but it is for a good cause and it will be fun for all of us! TTFN

1 comment:

ArtworkByRuth said...

Know you will do great tommorrow! I didn't know you were selling your home? I suppose now would be a lousy time to run over and see it "finished" before you sell? :)
Thinking of you and praying!