Saturday, September 20, 2008

Bleak, but not a NO!


Early last week, I spent a good part of a day researching medical assistance, of all sorts, for Mei Mei. I was given the name of a program that assists families who are adopting Special Needs (SN) children, both financially and logistically (Thank you to Jerry & Debbie!). They have adopted a son from Ukraine and are currently in the process of their second adoption of their 14 year old daughter, also from the same orphanage as their son! They are both Special Needs adoptions and they have given us encouragement through their journeys!
I had e-mailed a large/well known adoption agency, asking for their help with Mei Mei, there reply was that they could not do anything to assist us, No Way, No Can Do! I was irritated, but knew that they were obviously not the ones to help us since the mountain to climb will be high and nearly impossible. I timidly e-mailed this newly found program, and received this reply: "This type of adoption can be very difficult to do. It is hard to get a specific child assigned to a specific agency or family now that China has made some changes to the way that adoptions of children with special needs are done. That being said, *** has had some limited success in situations like this in the past." It looked bleak and I continued reading...blah, blah, blah...waiting for the nice, but certain blow-off...but, it never came! They asked me to gather more information about Mei Mei and then stated, "I'll see what we can do!" Hey, it's not a No!! Within one post to a group I belong to, we had her name, orphanage and date of birth! So now, we move on and see where this takes us! It turns out her DOB is one day and one year after Grace's! (DOB 9/2/04 Diagnosis: Single Ventricle ASD, Persistent Truncus Arteriosis)
*Check out the map of the Guangdong Province, where Mei Mei was also from, before being moved to PHF. She was located in Yangxi, a short distance from where Gracie was in the orphanage in Gaozhou. Pretty amazing that both girls were orignally such a short distance from each other.

1 comment:

ArtworkByRuth said...

O WOW! What a God coincidence! SO glad you have a thread of hope! PRAYING FOR MORE GOOD NEWS!