So, after my psycho-rant, I guessed I'd better update to show that, although we fall, we get back up! Week three into school, I am now a "recovering summer" Mom. The routine is beginning to return and so is my sanity!
After a poignant sermon from our Pastor, I returned to searching for help for little Mei Mei who has been seen by Dr's in China and deemed with a terminal heart condition that is in-operable. The book I am currently reading is Chasing Daylight, by Erwin R. McManus and it has thoroughly challenged me in my faith. He states, "Faith is all about character, trusting in the character of God, being certain in who God is and following Him into the unknown." The things that God asks of us do not necessarily make sense, or even have an end result that we would choose. Going into a situations, knowing that God has your back. "To follow Jesus is to enter the unknown, to relinquish security, and to exchange certainty for confidence in Him."
So, I move forward, feeling completely overwhelmed with my own family, knowing that I am but one small person. I do not feel confirmation in moving forward with plans to adopt, but trying to find her medical help is something God is asking of me. Who knows if I succeed? Only God I suppose? Here is a recent picture of her after a haircut!
As for our future, we are certainly certain of nothing.
No comments:
Post a Comment