Sunday, December 5, 2010

Remembering Mei Mei, 12.17.2009 - 9.2.2004



I want to start by bringing attention to a precious little girl who has been on my mind non-stop this past week. I realized that little Mei Mei passed away almost 1 year ago, on December 17, 2009

http://bgscottfamily.blogspot.com/2009/12/fly-to-jesus-and-live.html &
http://bgscottfamily.blogspot.com/2009/12/fly-to-jesus-and-live-contin-memory-of.html

and my heart still aches for this precious child that was for nought! I can't bear for her to be forgotten, having lived without a family, never wholly well or will a properly functioning body, specifically heart...and yet with the ability to touch so many! How do I help in giving significance to Mei Mei's short life? Fears of if we had been able to adopt her and bring her into our home? When one of the boys at The Philip Hayden Foundation became close to "aging out," or being too old to be adopted into a family, a statement was made on his behalf, that he had not a traditional family found, but a acting-family through the orphanage. Although there are Ayi's/Nanny's to care for the children, Missionary's who love and volunteer, a Director who loves and knows each child by name and disability....I found myself cringing and pulling back to think that an institution, no matter the quality, could remotely replace a loving, nurturing, safe...I'll always be there for you, FAMILY! Splenda will never be as good as the pure sugar cane and probably even will cause harm to our bodies in trying. Trying to replicate something God made by design is Never good enough. Now, this is in no one a slam on those who love God and therefore His children in orphanages, but substitutes are never done better than the original.

No comments: