Things Are GREAT! Today is about 2 1/2 weeks after or into our move and I'M BACK! I've had some sketchy days along the way, not really something I anticipated, but I am Great!
Brian began his new job this week, after a weeks' delay do to background checks needing to be completed for his training group. I cannot tell you what a relief it is to have him gone (I mean back to work)! I know that sounds horrible, but honestly, most men were not created to be stay-at-home Dads. It's not really even that he's not stay-at-home material, but being unemployed has some "special" treats, like undaunted boredom to offer, so he was just up-in-my-business a lot. After being a stay-at-home Mom for over 11 years, it is certainly a little cramping to have someone else around, looking over my day's plans, or lack-there-of.
I am a flutter'er by nature, so my day consists of starting a project, getting distracted, starting another project, remembering to start a load of laundry, trying to find "that thing," returning to my second project, calling a friend, making lunch, and eventually, maybe, finishing the original project before starting dinner! It works perfectly for me and I usually don't forget anything or miss a beat. But, when your married to a recovering perfectionist, detail oriented man, this way of going through a day may just make you crazy. You can see my (our) problem!
So, back to I'M GREAT...I can't help feeling a bit suspicious about feeling emotionally great. I knew that moving into our own place would be AMAZING and getting all of our stuff would be AMAZING, but my conundrum comes within my own heart.
Why am I great?
Or maybe, How am I great?
Why when things are great, am I great? Now that may seem like a stupid question, but it does beg consideration, because when things are not, am I not? And, in a world so filled with crap, how can I be okay, even happy and joy-filled when life is not? This brings me back to a core question I am dealing with...Can God Be Trusted? Can He be trusted in the great and in the not?
I cannot escape this past year-and-a-half and not pursue growth. I didn't go through the hell and fire and pressure to just be great when things are good! I want better than that...and so, I seek.
1 comment:
Don't doubt your joy in a change in your circumstances. There is a season for everything and this is one to celebrate! We are not where we want to be either right now, I have no doubt we are where God wants us, but know this is not the end of the story! I will be dancing when the next chapter comes yet not losing focus on the lessons now!
Post a Comment