This week has been an incredibly difficult one for me. As we are approaching the 4 month mark, here in California and still no job in sight, my hope is fading. It is so difficult not seeing the end of this treacherous road, every turn, it seems the finish line might be around the bend, but it never comes. I know when we get through this I'll look back at myself with disdain for not having more faith, but hindsight always reveals the truth we cannot see in the moment. I am struggling to keep my emotions in check and not let them rule me. I am not having much success! As I was in the car alone a few days ago, I called out to God, begging for relief. It is not always that I feel such a direct Word from God, but I could hear this song playing as my heart broke and I let it out to God. He answered: "Why are you still searching? As if I'm not enough? To where will you go child, Tell me where will you run? To where will you run? Please don't fight these hands that are holding you. My hands are holding you."
Click on my playlist, song #1 to listen!
"By Your Side"
by Tenth Avenue North
From the album Over And Underneath
Why are you striving these days?
Why are you trying to earn grace?
Why are you crying?
Let me lift up your face
Just don't turn away
Why are you looking for love?
Why are you still searching?
As if I'm not enough?
To where will you go child,
Tell me where will you run?
To where will you run?
Chorus:
Cause I'll be by your side wherever you fall
In the dead of night whenever you call
Please don't fight these hands that are holding you
My hands are holding you
Look at these hands, at my side
They swallowed the grave, on that night
When I drank the world's sin
So I could carry you in
And give you life
Chorus:
Here at my side wherever you fall
In the dead of night whenever you call
Please don't fight these hands that are holding you
My hands are holding you
And I, I love you
And I want you to know
That I, I'll love you
2 comments:
Oh my baby do not despair, God has a plan for you and your family.
Remember God is upstream making the waters calm and still for He has a geat plan for you.
Mom
Still praying for you! Hugs tonight!
Post a Comment