Thank you God, for showing us everything that is not for us. There are so many things that are not God's best for us and they are all being revealed. In a sarcastic tone, I have to think this way, or I'll fall apart. Knowing we must be getting closer to whatever His plan is for us, I try to focus, but it is much easier to let myself whine and go to the dark side. No matter how I try to convince myself things could be much worse (and they could) it still becomes a battle to see the blessings and joy. My son said, Mom, "you never smile" and truly, I find it difficult to as things are whirling around my mind of all the stresses, details and choices we have to make that will affect ours and our children's lives forever. It is not fun to be an adult sometimes!
We attended our missions church, Valley Fourth, that we went to China with, on Sunday. They had a special adoption Sunday celebration and hearing the families that stepped out and took the risk to adopt's stories was truly inspirational. We do not know if that chapter of our lives is closed, but it did remind me of the things that have been impossible since Brian's job loss. The choices you get to choose from are much less and many things are decided for you when you don't have the finances. The final nail in the coffin seems to have come today, a couple that we travelled with to China, took a position as house parents for the older children at PHF, something that we had discussed and talked about with Tim Baker, the Director. Brian reminded me, this job is a better fit for them as they do not have their own children to tend to and can place all attention on the orphans, and I realize this to be true. Yet another lead that is not God's best and plan for our lives! I know, I know, I know! I've been a believer too long to not know the pat answers...but it still feels yucky. I need something amazing to happen. I need to see the rainbow after the storm, at least a glimpse. My hope is fading and disappointment seems to be commonplace. I write all this, not for pity, but so that when our miracle comes, I'll be able to look back and remember where we've come from! Oh, and Brian officially got laid-off today! (The dirt, covering the nail in the coffin) Now he is released from feeling pulled between job searching and continuing to try to make the impossible happen, loans in this economy. A little going-away-present from Golf Savings (a Sterling Savings subsidiary), our benefits end today also! Thanks for your years of service and the financial gain you've made for us....by the way, don't let the door hit you, where the good Lord split you! We love you Golf!!!! (Yes, bitterness and more sarcasm)
1 comment:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; you are mine." Isaiah 43:1
Praying for God to reveal his plan and purpose admist the chaos!
HUGS and Happy New Year!
Post a Comment