Sunday, November 16, 2008

The job hunt

Mom and Grace!
I haven't updated for awhile, mostly because I'm emotionally and mentally exhausted. Brian is job hunting, the kids are busy with school, sports are done, but between the 3 directions they run, it's enough! Brian just got back from a trip to California to meet with some connections that his brother, graciously helped set up! They were positive meetings, but no official job secured. Some weeks I feel led to stay here, and then other weeks, as sure as I was the past week, I feel led to move! The job with Partners is a no! It took me awhile to get over that loss. I really felt it was the best fit, but apparently, not what God has for us and I have to trust He knows best, even when I doesn't make sense to me. Five days alone with the kids was good when it was good, and bad when it was bad. I'm glad to have my partner back, as after 14 years, we've come to depend upon each other in everything. **Sidenote: a great new show - "Chef Jeff Project" on the Food Network is a great show that we found. We have the most basic TV package now, so we've had to find things to entertain us during our "mindless nights." We stumbled upon this show and it is truly great! **
Our friends, Jeff & Kim, as you may recall, she was diagnosed w/breast cancer a few weeks back, and has just undergone her 2nd chemo treatment. Pray for her strength, as each treatment becomes harder for her body to endure. I guess I'm not chatty, and the couch is calling my booty!

1 comment:

ArtworkByRuth said...

Praying for peace, wisdom and direction as well as a JOB SOON! HUGS!