Monday, May 5, 2008

"To one person, you just might be the world."

"To the world you might be just one person, but to one person, you just might be the world." Author Unknown, from the book "Saving Levi," by Lisa Misraje Bentley. I began reading this book, written by an adoptive Mother of a child taken in by The Philip Hayden Foundation. It is about a little boy, abandoned in a field, found by a man in a small village, who bicycled to a nearby city and left him at the doorstep of the Langfang Civil Affairs Ministry building to be found. This six-week old baby had been burned, disfigured by the severity of the burns, most likely, the biological parents were unable to care for or financially afford the costs to save him. Once under the care of PHF, baby Levi was moved from a small hospital to a Children's hospital in Beijing where he would have the best care possible. This is a short version of chapters 1-3, I'll share more as I read!

No comments: