Had one of those moments yesterday when you hope and pray that your kids don't remember the details of your sins when they get older! Just completely lost it, and something I'm realizing, is that, being a parent is one of God's ways to keep you humble. As I'm ranting to my kids about doing the right thing, I demonstrate how we are sinful nature'd beings, just bent on sinning! I took them all aside individually and apologized for my lack of self-control (they come by that honestly) and meekly move-on praying that I don't try harder, but that I have more of God because I know I cannot will or white-knuckle it through the daily stresses of life.
We are reading "Crazy Love," by Francis Chan and this weeks chapter asked, "What are you doing right now that requires faith?" The answer for me, is "Raising my kids!" I am so incredibly inadequate and this world is so incredibly relentless. I feel as if I've come across classified information about this life, and it isn't good. Somewhere in the past two years a truth was revealed that this world sucks! Maybe not news to you, but I was dumbfounded after figuring this out. How I deal with this "intelligence" is still a bit of a mystery. I know this is not the end of the story because God lives and sent His Son to redeem us. I can't wait to learn the rest of the story for me. I'm such a work in progress.
No comments:
Post a Comment