It is very difficult when I have not taken the time to write and process the things that are happening in my life, my brain becomes a whirling and twirling tornado of feelings, information, pain and hurts and undiscovered blessings. So many things have occurred, many lessons learned by observation, so many lessons missed by being blinded by my own selfishness and pride.
A song we've been singing at church with our Worship Pastor, Gabriel Wilson, is called, "Your Love Never Fails," by Jesus Culture. Again, my heart has the ability to feel Jesus through lyrics of songs and this song has touched a tenderness and place of struggle within me. The first lyrics that caught my attention are when he says: "The chasm is far to wide, I never thought I'd reach the other side." Which could refer to sin and us getting to God. Without the cross and Jesus' death for our sins, the chasm is far too wide. However, this touched me in a personal way, speaking of the desperation I've felt about life's circumstances. Some days the chasm between a normal, happy life, stability, financial security, comfort in knowing my kids are happy, and that moment actually coming, have seemed so wide that I can't even hope. The second lyrics that absolutely redeem that hope is the bridge that states: "All things, work together, for my good." That is God's answer to my loss of hope! One of the things I love about this song is that you sing, "All things, work together, for my good" over and over again. For me, it's like the author and God knew that I can't possibly understand and certainly can not claim this until I've sung it over and over! As I lift my hands in worship and open my heart to God, I begin to realize that this statement is Truth. My heart has hardened with the trials we've endured and it takes time for God's Truth to burrow through the black and bitterness I've stored up. By the end, I begin to sing that line with confidence and faith, rather than as a question to God.
"Your Love Never Fails"
by: Jesus Culture
(Now playing on my Playlist, song #1)
Nothing can separate,
even if I ran away,
Your Love Never Fails
I know I still make mistakes, BUT
You have new mercies for me everyday
Your Love Never Fails
You stay the same through the ages,
Your love never changes,
Their may be pain in the night,
but joy comes in the morning.
And when the oceans rage,
I don't have to be afraid,
because I know that You love me...
Your Love Never Fails.
The wind is strong and the waters deep,
But I'm not alone in these open seas,
Cause Your Love Never Fails.
The chasm is far too wide,
I never thought I'd reach the other side,
But Your Love Never Fails.
You stay the same through the ages,
Your love never changes,
Their may be pain in the night,
but joy comes in the morning.
You Make..
ALL Things, Work Together For My GOOD!
No comments:
Post a Comment