Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Blooms

Driving around in our new area, things are in bloom, buds are spouting, and green is everywhere. Back in Spokane, we are used to anxiously awaiting our tulips to poke their heads out from the frozen tundra. The weather here has been in the 60's to 70's and even an 80, last Friday. As I relate the beautiful flowers to my life, I realize that everything has it's season. Blessings, blooms and beauty has it's time, and then work, difficulties and receiving nurturing must happen. I don't know why this has particularily struck me this week, except that as I live through this cavern in my life, it becomes difficult to see this as temporary. Sure I dream about having our own house, what colors I want my walls, seeing my furniture that is packed in storage, and that Christmas feeling when I get to unpack everything after being without. But just as the beautiful blossoms will soon fade to green leaves, then the fight just to remain through the heat of summer, the loss of leaves and everything that makes them unique and then the long rest during winter, so is life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Today Spokane experience rain, snow, sleet, hail, high winds, thunder, lightning and sunshine. Enjoy your blooms!!!