Tuesday, April 1, 2008

S-T-R-E-T-C-I-N-G


I spoke with the Pastor of our church, yesterday, and he was thrilled to hear about this endeavor, offered his support and resources and wondered if God was leading us to be Ambassador's for the many Chinese orphans, who still remain without families. I don't know what this opportunity will bring, but this connection with China is, hopefully, just the beginning. With the aid of what Valley Fourth Memorial is doing in their fundraising, we are able to participate in the auction they have planned for mid-April. We typed up our letter and found companies through the phone book and places that we frequent to send support letters to. I have no idea how successful this will be in obtaining donated items to auction and/or financial support, but we feel that this s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g in doing something new, will bring faith and allow God to work. I know that resources will most likely come from the least likely places and we want to be faithful in allowing God's hand.

We stuffed 26 letters to Corporations for donations of merchindise or services for the auction. God please go before and behind each letter and allow our hearts to affect those who read it. May the success be Yours.
~ The photo is from "Friday Movie Night." Each kids collected their pillow, blanket and favorite guys and piled on the shaggy-bag.

No comments: